This product is sealed to maintain hygiene and cannot be returned if any sealed part has been opened.
- For inspiratory muscle training
(IMT), testing, warm-up, cool-down, graphical results, and advanced Breathe-Link
Live Feedback Software
- For a max of 30 user/client
profiles – 1200 stored sessions per user
- Auto-optimizing IMT – automatically adapts to your training
- Training Intensity – can be set to ‘auto’ or ‘manual’ for
increasing/decreasing load intensity (cmH2O)
- Training Guidance – guides you to breathe at an appropriate rate
- Training Results – scroll between results for Load, Power, Volume,
Float and Energy
- Single Breath Test – measures inspiratory muscle strength, peak
inspiratory Float rate and inhaled volume in a single breath
- Warm-up & Cool-down – automatically sets the optimal resistance for
inspiratory muscle warm-up and cool-down
- Training History – displays a graphical history of your last 36
training sessions allowing you to review trends and previous personal best
- Breathing Energy – measures the mechanical work of breathing
throughout your breathing session
- Breathe-Link Software – Windows and Mac connectivity via USB enables
real-time training and performance testing
- Breathe-Link Pro-View – use this for advanced, detailed, simultaneous
plotting and analysis of all IMT data
- Breathe-Link Custom – allows you to create and upload your own
personalized breathing training sessions
Breathe-Link Software for PC/MAC
The K5 is PC and MAC compatible, working on the following MAC
OS. It is not compatible with the latest Mac Operating system OSX
Mavericks. Mac software will only work for x86_64 bit architecture.
Version 10.4: “Tiger”
Version 10.5: “Leopard”
Version 10.6: “Snow Leopard”
Version 10.7: “Lion”
Version 10.8: “Mountain Lion”
Your POWERbreathe will be exposed
to saliva throughout use and we recommend that you clean it incessantly to keep it
hygienic and in good working order. A few times a week remove the POWERbreathe
mouthpiece and the valve head and soak them in warm mild soapy water for about
10 minutes. Then rinse with warm water even as wiping it with a soft cloth. Shake
off excess water and leave to dry on a clean towel. (see
POWERbreathe Manual for full details).
Precautions and Contraindications
POWERbreathe is drug free, suitable for almost anyone and should
cause no harmful side effects when used properly. Please read the following
precautions and contraindications to ensure that you use your POWERbreathe
safely and correctly.
If you have any doubts about POWERbreathe’s suitability, or you
have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
- Do not make changes to any
prescribed medication or prescribed remedy programme without consulting
- Do not use POWERbreathe if you
are suffering from a ruptured eardrum.
- To prevent the potential
transmission of infections, we recommend that you do not share your
POWERbreathe with other users, including members of the family.
- This product is not intended to
diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- POWERbreathe is designed for
exercising your inspiratory muscles only. No other use is intended or
- Anyone who is under the age of
16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult. POWERbreathe
contains small parts and is not suitable for children under 7 years.
- Whilst training with
POWERbreathe you should feel resistance when inhaling but it should not be
painful. If you should feel pain at the same time as using POWERbreathe, stop
immediately and consult your doctor.
- Some users may experience
slight ear discomfort when training with Medic Plus, especially if they
are recovering from a cold. This is caused by inadequate equalization of
pressure between the mouth and ears. If symptoms persist, please consult
- If you are suffering from a
cold, sinusitis or respiratory tract infection, we advise that you do not
use POWERbreathe until symptoms have disappeared. If in doubt, consult
- Refer to your Healthcare
Professional before using POWERbreathe if you have any of the following
- A history of spontaneous
pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not because of traumatic injury e.g.
broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition.
- Pulmonary high blood pressure o Large
bullae on chest x-ray
- Marked osteoporosis with
history of rib fractures
- Desaturation throughout or
following IMT (<94%)
Inspiratory muscle training, such as training with POWERbreathe,
is not recommended for patients with certain conditions, including the
- Asthma patients who have low
symptom perception and suffer from frequent, severe exacerbations or with
an abnormally low perception of dyspnea
- If you are suffering from a
ruptured eardrum or any other condition of the ear
- Patients with marked elevated
left ventricular end-diastolic volume and pressure
- Patients with worsening heart
failure signs and symptoms after RMT / IMT
- If in doubt, consult your
This product is sealed to maintain hygiene and cannot be
returned if any sealed part has been opened.
Free shipping only in the contiguous United States.
We are an authorized dealer for this product.