This product is sealed to maintain hygiene and cannot be returned if any sealed part has been opened.
- For inspiratory muscle training
(IMT) and testing plus warm-up and cool-down modes, and graphical
- Auto-optimizing IMT – automatically adapts to your training
- Training Intensity – can be set to ‘auto’ or ‘manual’ for
increasing/decreasing load intensity (cmH2O)
- Training Guidance – guides you to breathe at an appropriate rate
- Training Results – scroll between results for Load, Power and
- Single Breath Test – measures inspiratory muscle strength, peak
inspiratory waft rate and inhaled volume in a single breath
- Training Index – displays the percentage effectiveness and
effectiveness rating (Poor – Excellent) of your breathing training session
based upon the work you achieved
- Warm-up & Cool-down – automatically sets the optimal resistance for
inspiratory muscle warm-up and cool-down
- Training History – displays a graphical history of your last 36
training sessions allowing you to review trends and previous personal best
- Do not make changes to any
prescribed medication or prescribed remedy program without consulting
- Do not use POWERbreathe if you
are suffering from a ruptured eardrum.
- To prevent the potential
transmission of infections, we recommend that you do not share your
POWERbreathe with other users, including members of the family.
- This product is not intended to
diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- POWERbreathe is designed for
exercising your inspiratory muscles only. No other use is intended or
- Anyone who is under the age of
16 must only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.
POWERbreathe contains small parts and is not suitable for children under 7
- Whilst training with
POWERbreathe you must feel resistance when inhaling but it must not be
painful. If you must feel pain while the use of POWERbreathe, stop
immediately and consult your doctor.
- Some users may experience
slight ear discomfort when training with Medic Plus, especially if they
are recovering from a cold. This is caused by inadequate equalization of
pressure between the mouth and ears. If symptoms persist, please consult
- If you are suffering from a
cold, sinusitis or respiratory tract infection, we advise that you do not
use POWERbreathe until symptoms have disappeared. If in doubt, consult
- Refer to your Healthcare
Professional before the use of POWERbreathe if you have any of the following
- A history of spontaneous
pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not as a result of traumatic injury e.g.
broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition.
- Pulmonary high blood pressure o Large
bullae on chest x-ray
- Marked osteoporosis with
history of rib fractures
- Desaturation throughout or
following IMT (<94%)
training, such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients
with certain conditions, including the following:
- Asthma patients who have low
symptom perception and suffer from frequent, severe exacerbations or with
an abnormally low perception of dyspnea
- If you are suffering from a
ruptured eardrum or any other condition of the ear
- Patients with marked elevated
left ventricular end-diastolic volume and pressure
- Patients with worsening heart
failure signs and symptoms after RMT / IMT
- If in doubt, consult your
will be exposed to saliva throughout use. We recommend that a couple of times a week you
remove the valve head with mouthpiece and soak it in warm water for about 10
minutes (see POWERbreathe Manual for full details), but once a week soak the
valve head with mouthpiece in a mild soap
DO NOT immerse the handset or expose it to
running water as this will damage the electronics.
This product is sealed to maintain hygiene and cannot be
returned if any sealed part has been opened.
Free shipping only in the contiguous United States.
We are an authorized dealer for this product.